Whitewater™ Cloud Solutions
Customers who are seeking cost savings for their remote site secondary storage provision without compromising on data availability, especially in a DR situation can now combine Public Cloud Storage services with the Riverbed® Whitewater™ product family.
Public Cloud provides lower storage cost per terabyte whilst also reducing capital expenditures, storage management overhead combined with elastic levels of availability and anywhere access for disaster recovery (DR).
However, many IT directors question security levels and reliability of data; whilst are wary of new processes and infrastructure changes that may be needed. Finally, what about actual performance of the service in an actual DR scenario?
Whitewater Appliances Overcome Barriers to Cloud Adoption
The Riverbed® Whitewater™ product family enables customers to reap all the benefits of Public Cloud storage, whilst overcoming all the worries and objections. The Whitewater appliance is essentially cloud storage acceleration in a box, providing:
- Built-in support for all major backup tool platforms, including CA Arcserve, EMC NetWorker, IBM Tivoli (TSM), Quest vRanger, and Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec, requiring no change to your existing backup infrastructure
- Fast, drop-in access to public cloud storage services like Amazon S3, AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service (based on EMC Atmos), and Nirvanix, with local-like backup and restore performance. .
- Optimization and deduplication to minimize data transfer bandwidth and storage capacity needed.
- SSL v3 and AES 256- bit encryption for dual-layer data security in motion and at rest.
Unlocking the benefits of cloud storage while addressing customer concerns, the Whitewater solution overcomes the barriers to making cloud storage, cloud backup, and cloud archive an integral part of an organization’s data protection strategy.
- All restores from the cloud leverage deduplication as well as WAN optimisation techniques that dramatically accelerate recovery of anything from a file to a volume or more. Optimise and restore in minutes what used to take days.
- Use a direct interface from your existing backup software straight to the cloud. This gives you reliable, off-site data protection without the need to invest in a secondary data centre or additional storage infrastructure. All the costs of maintenance, support, heating, and cooling in that secondary location can be eliminated.
- Industry-leading in-line deduplication capabilities that cut the cost of data protection by reducing both bandwidth requirements for moving backup data into the cloud, as well as driving down the duration and cost of backup, replication, and DR.
For more information: