This Instructor-Led course is intended for personnel responsible for day-to-day administration and management of CommVault Simpana software. The course covers essential concepts, details, options, and best practices for user security and management, system settings, policy configuration and use, media and library management, job activity and status monitoring, and job management. Students also learn how to efficiently and effectively manage data movement (backup, archive, auxiliary copy, and restore) within a CommCell group.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to perform the following key tasks:
- Configure and manage CommCell Console access with appropriate permissions for users to perform authorized tasks on specified management entities.
- Configure Library and Media options and data paths for secure and optimum use.
- Understand data retention configuration and rules for efficiently managing data in protected storage.
- Create, configure, and associate policies for management of data storage, job schedules, data source (subclients) and media (Vault Tracker).
- Understand and successfully execute/manage the backup and archive of data to protected storage.
- Create a timely and effective monitoring system using event alerts and scheduled reports for successful and easier management of components and operations controlled by the CommServe software.
New Commvault Administrators.
An understanding of Microsoft Windows